Friday, October 5, 2007

Hot momma goes to work


I used to think having a camera on your cell phone was a gratiutious "convergence" product that didn't serve any real useful purpose. But then, this morning, I realized I had a chance to document a fairly momentus event-- Jen's return to work-- as I dropped her off at the Pentagon City metro. Now I think my cameraphone is nifty.

Things to notice in this picture:
  • Jen's pants fit. (Wow.)
  • Jen can't button her blouse all the way up. (Awesome.)
  • Jen is carrying her breast pump in a discrete black satchel. (Slick.)
  • There is a mailbox in the background decorated to look like R2-D2 from Star Wars. (Why?)
Once in a while I have to pause to pay tribute to my wonderful wife for all that she does. Jen has been amazing in the run-up to her return to work. Jack and I are lucky to have her in our lives, and I will be sure my son always appreciates his mother.

This weekend I'll post an album of pics from my family's visit last weekend, but in the meantime, here are a few tidbits from the World of Jack (also in list form):
  • All the mothers who said Jack had tooth buds were wrong! Jack's doc said they are "pearls" and they go away. So much for the early-teether theory.
  • With the teething theory shot, it turns out Jack might have a touch of reflux, after all. He's been struggling a bit with some of his feedings, so we are going to give him the reflux medicine. Put in perspective, this is a small thing, but for first-time parents like us, it's been an emotional rollercoaster.
  • Jack likes to face out when he is carried. In fact, he insists on it. The boy likes to look out on the world, not at your shoulder.
  • Jack is discovering his hands. In addition to putting them in his mouth, Jack is grabbing onto things with great deliberateness.
  • Jack continues to be Mr. Smiles, especially in the morning. This kid can melt your heart with all his happy faces.
  • Jack is also Mr. Talker now. He is making all kinds of noise. It's hugely entertaining.
  • Last, but certainly not least, Jack set a sleep record last night. He must have known that his momma would need a good night's rest before going to the office, because he went down at 9 o'clock and slept until 6 am. Nine full hours! What a great little boy. Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention that we moved him out of our room to his crib earlier in the week. It's been a big week for our little family!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: