Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Jack Engle Buening joined us on June 26, 2007

The cell phone vibrated during my Monday evening class, causing a bit of a stir among my classmates who knew of Jen's pregnancy. I stepped out to answer the call and Jen promptly informed me: "My water broke." Like a sitcom character, I got wild-eyed, stepped back into the room, grabbed my books and drove like a maniac to get home.

There are all kinds of fun details to the story of how little Jack Engle Buening decided it was his time to enter the world, but I'll save those for another day. Right now, I'm gratefully using Aunt Niki's laptop in the cafeteria-- the only place in the hospital with wireless (free!) connectivity-- and uploading an album of photos so you all can meet our son. He is so wonderful, I can't begin to describe it. And his mother/my wife is perfection.
Click the album for birthday pics of Baby Jack

Vital stats: Born at 2:26am on Tuesday, June 26 via C-Section (Jack had been a breech baby all this time!). Weighed in at 6 pounds, 7 ounces and length was 19 1/4 inches.

More posts later, when I can get my wits about me. Not so much with the sleep last night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Break out the cigars!

Steve H said...

Oh my word. I can't believe we forgot to check your blog on Tuesday and Wednesday! Congratulations. Jack looks great! You guys look great! Jen--it seems from the photos that breastfeeding is going well, which makes me so happy and relieved for you. I'm seeing both of you in little Jack. I think he has Michael's eyes and Jen's mouth. It's too early to tell for the nose. He is too cute!

I'll write more in an email, but if you have any questions about post-op, etc. please let me know! Hopefully we can see you guys this weekend if you're not too tired.

Love to you all,
Shannon, Steven, Willem, & Fiona (who can't wait to pal around with little Jack)

T-H said...

We are so happy for your new family!!! Jack is so cute and adorable. What an incredible time...really savor every moment.

Shannon&Steve

T-H said...

To set the record straight, that last comment was from me, Shannon, and not Steven. He was a little embarassed that Jen (and especially Michael) would think he was commenting on how well the breastfeeding was going. Oops!