Monday, January 28, 2008

Jack on the Run

(Title sung to the tune of "Band on the Run" by Wings.)



Jack's longest naps take place in the blissful, gently-rocking world of his stroller. The weather shield keeps the cold air off his face and is properly vented. Under this protective canopy, he is properly bundled for cold weather. Thanks to the cozy confines and steady motion, he settles in for as long as I'm willing to stay out there.

Unfortunately, my running really fell off the map last year. The longest run I did was a 10K, and I wouldn't exactly call it a record pace.

Jack is my motivation to run this year, although I know it will be a challenge. In addition to work, I am in my final semester of classes for my MBA. Busy times.

Still, between Jack's happy naps and my need to get in some semblance of shape, I see a nice ramp-up in mileage this summer. Who knows-- with Jack's help, I might be ready for the Parks Half Marathon. And then in 2009... my 2nd full marathon? You've gotta have goals!

No comments: